Ladies and Gentlemen and Person-readers,
Finally, after a whole two and a half months of blogging (which in today’s instant gratification society, translates to 3 Renaissance decades, or 5 Victorian years (the same amount of time it took Jane Austen to complete her four major works) I have been given the well-deserved distinction of:
This award was bestowed upon me by my darling internet momma bear, over at transbeautiful, and I thank her hardily. I have never been given a blogging award, mostly because I have never kept a blog for more than a few days (the wreckage of which can be found, if hunted tirelessly for, at places like myspace and blogger). I also have never reached out and sustained an internet community. I am grateful for this honor. Thank you.
The Versatile Blogger Award Rules:
-Add the award to your blog.
-Thank the blogger who gave it to you and include a link to their blog.
-Mention 7 random things about yourself.
-List the rules.
-Give the award to 15 or more bloggers
So 7 random things, eh?
1. I used to be an astrophysics major. It lasted one harrowing term, then, like all dreamers, I switched to the humanities.
I am vegan. I eat cheese sometimes. I am a bad vegan.
3. I went to the same high school Randy Shilts went to. I wrote a speech about his life when I was a sophomore in which I contacted his brother and interviewed him over the phone. This was after Randy died, but his brother was very kind and sent me a letter back after I shared my speech with him.
4. I love football. The Bears are my favorite team, followed by the close second Pats.
5. My cat’s name is Violet.
6. William Carlos Williams and Kenneth Koch are my favorite poets. Please ask me to quote them to you.
7. I have the lyrics to a Pearl Jam song tattooed on my forearm.
And now, allow me this opportunity to bestow the Versatile Blogger Award to the following lovely blogs, which I devour heartily, which bring me joy and contemplation, which help make me a more considerate person, which give me levity and strength. In no particular order, they are:
10. My buddy J.C. Prime
14. Transfabulous, and…
Huzzah! Congrats to all you lovely bloggers!
Be nice to yourselves,
Your Pal Eli